top of page
Two Rock Union School

About Us

Our Mission

The Two Rock School community is committed to shared responsibility for encouraging creativity while developing every child's academic and social skills as a foundation for lifelong learning.

Our Vision

It is the vision of Two Rock School that all students will be challenged and prepared for rigorous standards in an environment of equality, respect, and responsibility.

School Goals

  • Each student will read at or above grade level
     

  • Each student will be proficient on grade level mathematics
     

  • All students will have an opportunity to receive extra academic support during the school day​
     

  • Attendance average will be 96% or better

Current & Ongoing Initiatives

  • Two Rock is a Professional Learning Community
     

  • TK-3 trained in Orton Gillingham
     

  • K-3 Proficiency Project (Lexia)
     

  • Walk to Read
     

  • SIPPS Reading Interventions
     

  • Multilingual Learners Professional Development with SCOE

Interventions

  • Walk to Read with SIPPS
     

  • IXL / Xtra Math
     

  • Reading & Math interventions across school grades with trained teachers

Student Emotional Support / School Nurse

  • Onsite counselor three days a week
     

  • Nurse on site weekly

Student Culture & Experiences

  • Student Leadership Team
     

  • Field Trips
     

  • Running Club
     

  • Art Club

  • Volleyball, Flag Football
     

  • Music
     

  • P.E.
     

  • S.T.E.A.M Labs & Events

  • Library
     

  • Garden
     

  • Art
     

  • Before & After School Care

Class Field Trip.jpg

Teachers & Staff

Josh Wilson

Superintendent/Principal

Elvia Ruiz

Bilingual Registrar

IMG_2858_edited.jpg

Sarah Daugherty

Assistant Business Manager

Jennel Rossetti

Student Learning Loss Technician 

Rossetti.jpg

Geena Lima

TK Teacher

Anna O'Shea

Kindergarten Teacher

IMG_2845_edited.jpg

Mariela Lozano

1st Grade Teacher

Ali Jeskey

2nd Grade Teacher

Lozano.jpg

Kimberly Navarro

3rd Grade Teacher

Perry Gray

4th Grade Teacher

IMG_2847_edited.jpg

Abby Lyons

5th Grade Teacher

​

​​

6th Grade Teacher

Brenda Johnson

RSP Teacher

Susan Power

Speech & Language

IMG_2827 (1)_edited.jpg

Melissa Umemoto

School Counselor

Jessica Hamburg

Food Services Technician/

Instructional Assistant

IMG_5028.jpg

Kali Sanchez

TK Instructional Assistant

IMG_5012.jpg

Jocelyn Lozano

Bilingual Instructional Assistant

IMG_2866_edited.jpg

Marilee Gatlin

1st Grade Instructional Assistant

Robin Causbrook

Instructional Assistant

IMG_2856_edited.jpg

Maria Ayala

Bilingual Instructional Assistant

IMG_2853_edited.jpg

Guillermo Magana

Facilities Coordinator

School History

Originally, three separate schools served the Two Rock community. Iowa School, the first public school in Sonoma County, was established in 1852; Walker School in 1876; and Two Rock School in 1885. The three schools were unified under one school board of trustees in 1919. In 1952, the present site was chosen for the unification of these schools into one location. Two Rock Union School was built on five acres deeded to the district by the U.S. Government at a total cost of $61,58 8.00. Additional rooms and property have been added periodically.

U.S. Army & U.S. Coast Guard Training Center History

The Two Rock Ranch Station was established by the War Department in August 1942, after acquiring 876 acres of ranch at a price of $94,344.00. During WWll, the U.S. Army used the site as a communications station. The Army retained the original ranch structure to camouflage its military status. False furrows were graded around the 

operations area to make the ranch look like any other ranch from the air. More structures were added by the Army during the 1950's and 1960's. On July 1, 1971, the Army transferred the "ranch' to the U.S. Coast Guard to be used as a training center. 

Two Rock Valley

Two Rock Valley was given its name because of the two prominent grey stones standing a few feet apart on a gentle slope above the Petaluma-Bloomfield highway. Two Rock was originally called "Dos Piedras". A band of tribal hunters first carved a trail between the rocks. The trail was later used by the Russians and Spanish. The rocks  became land marks on the trail from Mission San Rafael to Bodega and Fort Ross. Being a natural landmark, they became "cornerstones" for large Mexican land grants.

bottom of page